Samsung and Garmin Wearable Trackers Added to Employee Wellness Platform UnitedHealthcare Motion
In November 2017, insurance provider UnitedHealthcare announced that it is integrating Samsung and Garmin wearables into its Motion wellness program, which is powered by Qualcomm Life’s medical grade connectivity and secure 2net Mobile Platform. Members of UnitedHealthcare that take part in the Motion program will now be able to use Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro, Samsung Gear Sport, and Garmin vivosmart 3 trackers, in addition to the Fitbit trackers that were added in January 2017. The announcement highlights continuing adoption for wearables in enterprise applications, despite slowing consumer interest.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Qualcomm's New Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform Paves the Way for Improved Smartwatches
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront