Vodafone B2B IoT Strategy: Heavy on the Ends, Light in the Middle
Vodafone has been an aggressive operator in the B2B IoT market, mostly driven by its heritage in DSL/fiber infrastructure, unified communications, and mobile networks. In addition, the enterprise emphasis also comes about due to its international mobile network footprint spanning countries with a large business base of customers and significant business activity, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and India. But a review of Vodafone’s IoT strategy based on information provided by its recent analyst event suggests that it is de-emphasizing the middle of the IoT value chain and placing greater emphasis on its own cloud services. This is interesting, but also risky!
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Hardware Development Kits and Software Platforms
- Telco’s M2M Services Need Defense Options Against Hacked IoT Devices
- Partnerships and Acquisitions in the Maturing IoT Ecosystem
- USC and City of Los Angeles Form IoT Consortium to Drive Smart City Innovation
- Data Centers will be the Bulk of Nvidia’s Business in Five Years’ Time