Vodafone B2B IoT Strategy: Heavy on the Ends, Light in the Middle
Vodafone has been an aggressive operator in the B2B IoT market, mostly driven by its heritage in DSL/fiber infrastructure, unified communications, and mobile networks. In addition, the enterprise emphasis also comes about due to its international mobile network footprint spanning countries with a large business base of customers and significant business activity, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and India. But a review of Vodafone’s IoT strategy based on information provided by its recent analyst event suggests that it is de-emphasizing the middle of the IoT value chain and placing greater emphasis on its own cloud services. This is interesting, but also risky!
To find out more about subscribing:
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules