Vodafone B2B IoT Strategy: Heavy on the Ends, Light in the Middle
Vodafone has been an aggressive operator in the B2B IoT market, mostly driven by its heritage in DSL/fiber infrastructure, unified communications, and mobile networks. In addition, the enterprise emphasis also comes about due to its international mobile network footprint spanning countries with a large business base of customers and significant business activity, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and India. But a review of Vodafone’s IoT strategy based on information provided by its recent analyst event suggests that it is de-emphasizing the middle of the IoT value chain and placing greater emphasis on its own cloud services. This is interesting, but also risky!
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Lack of IoT Public Policy Putting United States at a Strategic Disadvantage