Is Vodafone's Strategy of Backing Narrowband Internet of Things against Long Term Evolution (4G), Category M1 Failing?
Vodafone in 2017 made some announcements launching narrowband Internet of things (NB-IoT) deployments across its global footprint, starting with Spain in the beginning of this year, with coverage in eight cities. In Q3 2017, Vodafone upgraded its existing 4G base stations to provide nationwide coverage of NB-IoT networks in the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands. In Q4, Vodafone launched NB-IoT citywide networks in Australia and South Africa, with plans to ramp up quickly to provide nationwide coverage. Furthermore, Vodafone claims to be on track to launch NB-IoT in 10 markets by the end of 2018, with city coverage in most countries.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules