What do Vendors Need to Win in 5G?
While the telecoms industry is preparing for the first wave of 5G standards in December 2017, vendor revenues and profits are being challenged due to many factors: nationwide large-scale LTE deployments have largely been completed, giving way to topical upgrades, while telco cloud revenues have not yet created significant revenue streams. This is evident in the latest vendor financial statements for Q3 2017, where both Ericsson and Nokia have reported lower quarter-on-quarter sales and a relatively stagnant market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?