5G in Desperate Need of a Business Model
Huawei hosted its annual Mobile Broadband Forum (MBBF) in November in London this year, where it invited high profile telecom executives, including BT CEO Gavin Patterson, Telefonica CTIO Enrique Blanco, NTT Docomo CTO Hiroshi Nakamura, Vodafone CTO Johan Wibergh, and DT CTO Bruno Jacobfeuerborn, among others. These executives all have different priorities and challenges to face, but they had a unified voice in expressing that they don’t see a viable business model for 5G in the market, today. For example, Johan Wibergh asked: “How are we designing 5G to be, like 2G and 4G, or like 3G?”
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?