5G in Desperate Need of a Business Model
Huawei hosted its annual Mobile Broadband Forum (MBBF) in November in London this year, where it invited high profile telecom executives, including BT CEO Gavin Patterson, Telefonica CTIO Enrique Blanco, NTT Docomo CTO Hiroshi Nakamura, Vodafone CTO Johan Wibergh, and DT CTO Bruno Jacobfeuerborn, among others. These executives all have different priorities and challenges to face, but they had a unified voice in expressing that they don’t see a viable business model for 5G in the market, today. For example, Johan Wibergh asked: “How are we designing 5G to be, like 2G and 4G, or like 3G?”
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned