eSIM Handsets – MNO Friend or Foe?
The eSIM remains a hot topic and one which original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), mobile network operators (MNOs), smart card and secure IC vendors continue to explore, prepare and strategize. Today, the handset market has begun to move, driven by Google’s recently launched Pixel 2 handsets with eSIM inclusion, raising expectations that other OEMs will follow suit. In addition, the rise of the eSIM has raised fears that it may be used as a platform for OEMs to directly compete with its current MNO customer base, using the eSIM as a platform from which to launch MVNO services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Will Need Upgraded Backhaul & Fronthaul Solutions
- Mobile Cellular Antennas and 5G Readiness
- Next-Generation Physical Access Control Technologies and Opportunities
- Why Operators Should Reposition as “eSIM Companies”
- Webinar: Mobile Innovation and Investment – Market Shapers and Laggards