eSIM Handsets – MNO Friend or Foe?
The eSIM remains a hot topic and one which original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), mobile network operators (MNOs), smart card and secure IC vendors continue to explore, prepare and strategize. Today, the handset market has begun to move, driven by Google’s recently launched Pixel 2 handsets with eSIM inclusion, raising expectations that other OEMs will follow suit. In addition, the rise of the eSIM has raised fears that it may be used as a platform for OEMs to directly compete with its current MNO customer base, using the eSIM as a platform from which to launch MVNO services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensors for Smartphones Provide Improved Authentication and User Experience
- 3GPP Includes Unlicensed Spectrum in Release 16 for 5G-U: Private LTE on Steroids
- The U.S. Government Is Making the Telecom Infrastructure Market Western Again
- Co-Inference: An Artificial Intelligence Technique that 5G Will Unlock
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways