66 Days to 5G Demonstration…
It is now approximately 66 days to the South Korean Olympics, where the Korean operators intend to demo the first 5G services. It is also well known that Japan will use its Summer Olympics to have a commercial 5G network up and running. However, it is increasingly looking like 2020 could be a busy year for 5G. In a recent speech, Ericsson declared that it has revised the 5G mobile operator timetable considering increased interest from telcos. Indeed, ABI’s research supports this. Based on a review of 50 key countries, by the end of 2020, 30% will have at least small scale 5G trials or initial commercial deployments. By the end of 2022, 5G trials or initial commercial deployments are likely to ramp up to 85%. The interest and commitment are building, but 5G will represent several new innovations/upgrades that the mobile telco will need to implement to make the most of 5G… The first commercial deployments are likely to be C-Band (3.5 ~ 4 GHz) or for Fixed Wireless Access (28+ GHz) applications.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure