Too Far Gone? Unsafe Infrastructure Bad for Transport
It is believed that of the 612,000 bridges in the United States, more than 130,000 – over 21% - are either functionally obsolete or structurally deficient. Eighty-seven of these bridges are in Palm Beach County, Florida and the full list even includes iconic infrastructures such as the Brooklyn Bridge. Over one in four of the bridges are 50 years old or more, without having had any major reconstruction. About 55,000 are estimated to require significant repairs and unfortunately, these bridges are crossed 185 million times per day. At the current rate, it will take about two decades to repair just the bridges currently identified.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Contactless Ticketing Secure IC Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- Smart Cities and Transportation Electrification
- Intelligent Transportation & eFreight – Quarterly Update