Amazon New App is Leveraging Apple’s Technology to Boost Revenue
On November 1, 2017, Amazon announced an augmented reality option for its mobile app called “AR view”, which allows users to preview online products within their current environment, such as a home or business. The feature uses the mobile device’s camera and display to show a 3D rendering of products within their space. The customers can move the products around within the camera’s field of view, manipulate it, and get a general idea of what something might look like in their own environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Apple’s Continued Emphasis on Augmented Reality Strengthens Retail and Supports Realistic Consumer Applications
- Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Devices and Enterprise Verticals
- Augmented Reality Smart Glasses and Hardware Update
- The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs