Amazon New App is Leveraging Apple’s Technology to Boost Revenue
On November 1, 2017, Amazon announced an augmented reality option for its mobile app called “AR view”, which allows users to preview online products within their current environment, such as a home or business. The feature uses the mobile device’s camera and display to show a 3D rendering of products within their space. The customers can move the products around within the camera’s field of view, manipulate it, and get a general idea of what something might look like in their own environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Augmented/Mixed Reality SI and VAR Market Tracker
- Augmented Reality in Warehousing and Logistics
- Content Creation and Application Marketplaces - Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Devices and Enterprise Verticals
- Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Augmented and Mixed Reality