Amazon New App is Leveraging Apple’s Technology to Boost Revenue
On November 1, 2017, Amazon announced an augmented reality option for its mobile app called “AR view”, which allows users to preview online products within their current environment, such as a home or business. The feature uses the mobile device’s camera and display to show a 3D rendering of products within their space. The customers can move the products around within the camera’s field of view, manipulate it, and get a general idea of what something might look like in their own environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile AR Investment Points to a Strong 2019 for the Platform
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- Augmented Reality in the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days
- Why Big AR Names Falling Is a Positive Market Indicator