Amazon New App is Leveraging Apple’s Technology to Boost Revenue
On November 1, 2017, Amazon announced an augmented reality option for its mobile app called “AR view”, which allows users to preview online products within their current environment, such as a home or business. The feature uses the mobile device’s camera and display to show a 3D rendering of products within their space. The customers can move the products around within the camera’s field of view, manipulate it, and get a general idea of what something might look like in their own environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: Understanding an Uncertain Augmented Reality Market
- Augmented Reality in Retail
- Snap Inc.’s Increasingly Interesting Role in Augmented Reality
- For the Future of Augmented Reality, Look to the Developer Ecosystem
- Augmented Reality in Automotive: Design, Prototyping, Marketing