Chinese Telcos Searching for Growth in Brazil
After several quarters of lackluster financial performances, Oi filed for bankruptcy in June 2016. A year into the filing, China Mobile and China Telecom have been reported to have shown interest in acquiring the struggling Brazilian operator. In the past, Chinese telcos had been rather conservative in engaging in overseas market. This expression of interest not only reflects a new era of economic policy, but also a change in corporate strategies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Service Providers Can Use Payment and Finance as Building Blocks for the Digital World
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?
- 5G Network Slicing and Industry Verticals