Chinese Telcos Searching for Growth in Brazil
After several quarters of lackluster financial performances, Oi filed for bankruptcy in June 2016. A year into the filing, China Mobile and China Telecom have been reported to have shown interest in acquiring the struggling Brazilian operator. In the past, Chinese telcos had been rather conservative in engaging in overseas market. This expression of interest not only reflects a new era of economic policy, but also a change in corporate strategies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- MSPs Must Use Startups as an Asset for their UnTelco Strategy
- Vodafone and Alibaba Highlight Importance of Partnerships in the UnTelco Race
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- Network Slicing: Commercial Analysis and Enabling Technologies