Chinese Telcos Searching for Growth in Brazil
After several quarters of lackluster financial performances, Oi filed for bankruptcy in June 2016. A year into the filing, China Mobile and China Telecom have been reported to have shown interest in acquiring the struggling Brazilian operator. In the past, Chinese telcos had been rather conservative in engaging in overseas market. This expression of interest not only reflects a new era of economic policy, but also a change in corporate strategies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?