Assa Abloy Buys Smart Lock Pioneer August
Assa Abloy is acquiring the U.S.-based DIY smart lock specialist August Home. Assa Abloy is the largest lock manufacturer in the world, with well-established consumer global brands including Yale, Schlage and Chubb Locks as well as an extensive commercial building business. August, is a pioneering DIY install smart lock pioneer. The acquisition is the latest in a string of deals, partnerships and applications underlying the growing value of smart locks within the smart home market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?