Dell Technologies Investing US$1 Billion in IoT Over Next Three Years
On October 10, 2017, Dell Technologies announced that it was launching a new Internet of Things (IoT) division aimed at integrating products and services across the company. Dell also announced plans to invest US$1 billion in research and development over the next three years. Dell is continuing to move away from centralized cloud computing to a distributed core that enables real-time processing of information to create one interdependent ecosystem from the edge to the core to the cloud. For this strategy and investment to pay off, Dell will leverage its existing partner program ecosystem to create the value that Dell is hoping to deliver to current and future clients.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Lack of IoT Public Policy Putting United States at a Strategic Disadvantage