AI and AR will Improve Quality Control
Japanese corporations have faced a series of scandals in which they have admitted to not following proper product inspections. Subaru and Nissan have both done this, and Kobe Steel said its workers meddled with products specifications. Reuters attributed these scandals to an over-reliance on temporary workers. Temporary workers made up 37.5% of the Japanese workforce in 2016, up from 20% in the early 90s. This percentage has risen due to higher wages demanded by permanent employees and the legal difficulty of firing them. Using more temporary workers results in more mistakes and more missed mistakes in quality control.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Additive Manufacturing in Industrial Applications
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Generative Engineering in Smart Manufacturing
- Smart Manufacturing in Automotive
- Webinar: What Should Automotive Vendors Prioritize When Targeting the Automotive Industry?