Vehicle Electrification and Wireless Charging
The automotive industry has been desperately trying to convince consumers to go electric for almost a decade. However, in most countries, pure electric vehicles still only represent less than 1% of the total vehicles shipping, despite the relative success stories of Nissan (Leaf) and Tesla (which struggles to scale production to larger volumes). While the consumer adoption barriers are well known (range anxiety, price, limited model range, etc.), the more serious issue is the lack of a market driver. The very large majority of consumers simply don’t seem to care about the type of powertrain when making purchase decisions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Smart Cities and Spaces Quarterly Update 1Q 2019
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Smart Cities and Digital Twins: Designing and Managing Urban Industrial Systems
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms