HAV Bill’s Underlying Impact on Data Ownership
The House’s “Highly Automated Vehicle” legislation, named the SELF DRIVE (Safely Ensuring Lives Future Deployment and Research in Vehicle Evolution) Act passed almost unanimously last month. The Senate Commerce Committee just unanimously passed the AV START Act, their own version, which now heads to the full Senate. Both acts address passenger vehicles that can assume complete control of driving in at least some conditions. However, labor unions such as the Teamsters as well as the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) publicly resisted the addition of commercial vehicles due to the over 3 million U.S. commercial drivers that could be affected.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- Geo Mapping to Enable China’s Autonomous Driving Race
- Intelligent Transportation & eFreight – Quarterly Update
- Retailers Need a Fresh Perspective on Crowd-Sourced Delivery
- Last Mile Delivery Leaning into Electric