HAV Bill’s Underlying Impact on Data Ownership
The House’s “Highly Automated Vehicle” legislation, named the SELF DRIVE (Safely Ensuring Lives Future Deployment and Research in Vehicle Evolution) Act passed almost unanimously last month. The Senate Commerce Committee just unanimously passed the AV START Act, their own version, which now heads to the full Senate. Both acts address passenger vehicles that can assume complete control of driving in at least some conditions. However, labor unions such as the Teamsters as well as the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) publicly resisted the addition of commercial vehicles due to the over 3 million U.S. commercial drivers that could be affected.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial Telematics Market Data
- Autonomous Public Transit: Hitting the Streets
- BYD Profit Picture Changes, but Diversification Succeeds Beyond China and Auto
- Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logistics
- Fully Autonomous Commercial Vehicles – Smart Solution or Danger Ahead?