HAV Bill’s Underlying Impact on Data Ownership
The House’s “Highly Automated Vehicle” legislation, named the SELF DRIVE (Safely Ensuring Lives Future Deployment and Research in Vehicle Evolution) Act passed almost unanimously last month. The Senate Commerce Committee just unanimously passed the AV START Act, their own version, which now heads to the full Senate. Both acts address passenger vehicles that can assume complete control of driving in at least some conditions. However, labor unions such as the Teamsters as well as the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) publicly resisted the addition of commercial vehicles due to the over 3 million U.S. commercial drivers that could be affected.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial Battery Electric Fleets Must Address Impact of Temperature Extremes on Range
- Commercial Telematics Market Data
- Amazon Formalizes Competition with Shippers
- IoT Market Tracker: Fleet Management
- IoT Market Tracker: Transportation