Seeking Balance, California Vetos Small Cell Bill
California’s governor Jerry Brown last week vetoed a bill that was intended to streamline small-cell deployments in the state. This came as a significant setback to the wireless industry in California (the most populous state in the United States) with many associations including the CTIA (Cellular Telephony Industry Association), WIA (Wireless Infrastructure Association), 5GA (5G Americas), TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and the Small Cell Forum all anticipating a relaxation of the small cell deployment rules on behalf of their members.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?