Seeking Balance, California Vetos Small Cell Bill
California’s governor Jerry Brown last week vetoed a bill that was intended to streamline small-cell deployments in the state. This came as a significant setback to the wireless industry in California (the most populous state in the United States) with many associations including the CTIA (Cellular Telephony Industry Association), WIA (Wireless Infrastructure Association), 5GA (5G Americas), TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and the Small Cell Forum all anticipating a relaxation of the small cell deployment rules on behalf of their members.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options