Social VR to Transform the Social Media Experience
Social virtual reality applications are of growing interest from companies including Facebook, SteamVR and many others. Microsoft is joining the social VR business segment by acquiring virtual reality social media gaming company Altspace in early October 2017. Altspace is a VR start-up which launched a virtual reality social media gaming application in 2015. According to Microsoft, it will continue to run the Altspace social VR platform. Microsoft plans to focus on improving the Altspace social networking community where users can connect and interact with friends in the virtual environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Oculus Go Become the Tipping Point for Mass VR Adoption?
- The 2018 NAB Show and Contemplations on the Future of Video
- HTC Vive Pro, a Smart Move Toward Enterprise VR Market
- Service Provider OTT Services and Set-Top Boxes Update
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Launch Getting Closer with Samsung’s Hardware Launch