Social VR to Transform the Social Media Experience
Social virtual reality applications are of growing interest from companies including Facebook, SteamVR and many others. Microsoft is joining the social VR business segment by acquiring virtual reality social media gaming company Altspace in early October 2017. Altspace is a VR start-up which launched a virtual reality social media gaming application in 2015. According to Microsoft, it will continue to run the Altspace social VR platform. Microsoft plans to focus on improving the Altspace social networking community where users can connect and interact with friends in the virtual environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking