Social VR to Transform the Social Media Experience
Social virtual reality applications are of growing interest from companies including Facebook, SteamVR and many others. Microsoft is joining the social VR business segment by acquiring virtual reality social media gaming company Altspace in early October 2017. Altspace is a VR start-up which launched a virtual reality social media gaming application in 2015. According to Microsoft, it will continue to run the Altspace social VR platform. Microsoft plans to focus on improving the Altspace social networking community where users can connect and interact with friends in the virtual environment.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”