Rail Optimization as a Service Arrives
The first working rail transport was said to be built back in the U.K. in 1804. Flash forward over two hundred years later and according to the UDOT’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), it has grown into a US$60 billion industry with 140,000 rail miles, moving the most rail freight in the world. Per the FRA, these railroads are private firms responsible for their own maintenance and improvement. Unfortunately, the industry, at least in the U.S., has been lagging in technology adoption and efficiency.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Autonomous Public Transit: Hitting the Streets
- BYD Profit Picture Changes, but Diversification Succeeds Beyond China and Auto
- Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logistics
- Fully Autonomous Commercial Vehicles – Smart Solution or Danger Ahead?
- Transportation Management Systems and the Logistics Evolution