5G Media Initiative and 3GPP Release 14 Target 5G Broadcast Video
The 5G Media Initiative, largely made up of German and international technology companies are investigating how to use the 5G network for video distribution. Some of the partners include Kathrein-Werke KG, Nokia, Rohde & Schwarz, Telefónica, the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, the Institute for Broadcast Technology (IRT) together with educational labs and broadcasters.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”