5G Media Initiative and 3GPP Release 14 Target 5G Broadcast Video
The 5G Media Initiative, largely made up of German and international technology companies are investigating how to use the 5G network for video distribution. Some of the partners include Kathrein-Werke KG, Nokia, Rohde & Schwarz, Telefónica, the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, the Institute for Broadcast Technology (IRT) together with educational labs and broadcasters.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking