First There Was Doorstep Delivery, Now There Is “In-Home” Delivery
Many retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and Zappos are known for quick and affordable shipping direct to your home or office. Walmart wants to take this one step further and deliver goods inside your home. This week, Walmart announced a partnership with smart lock company August to provide secure and convenient delivery of goods inside the home and even stocking goods in the home cupboard or fridge. It will initially be launched as a trial in the Silicon Valley market with opt-in customers. Last-mile delivery of these shipments will be handled by a third-party service, Deliv.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Retailers Must See GDPR as a Blessing, Not a Curse
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Augmented Reality in Retail
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?