First There Was Doorstep Delivery, Now There Is “In-Home” Delivery
Many retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and Zappos are known for quick and affordable shipping direct to your home or office. Walmart wants to take this one step further and deliver goods inside your home. This week, Walmart announced a partnership with smart lock company August to provide secure and convenient delivery of goods inside the home and even stocking goods in the home cupboard or fridge. It will initially be launched as a trial in the Silicon Valley market with opt-in customers. Last-mile delivery of these shipments will be handled by a third-party service, Deliv.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Plug Update Leads the Way for Wide Apple Smart Home Support
- Transforming In-store Inventory Management
- Payment & Banking Card Secure IC Technologies
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies