Nest Secure – A Small Step and a Giant Leap for Smart Home
Nest has announced a raft of products aimed at transforming the smart home device player into a smart home security system player. Initially focused on environment management with its eponymous and market leading smart thermostat, the company has been slow to add to build out its product line beyond smoke detectors and the video camera line it acquired. The raft new offerings, which follow the release of a lower price thermostat last month and the Nest Cam IQ Indoor just before that, show a new focus and new commitment to the wider smart home market, for Nest and its parent Alphabet.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Driving Growth in the European Smart Home
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities
- The Case for GDPR Lifting the European Smart Home