Nest Secure – A Small Step and a Giant Leap for Smart Home
Nest has announced a raft of products aimed at transforming the smart home device player into a smart home security system player. Initially focused on environment management with its eponymous and market leading smart thermostat, the company has been slow to add to build out its product line beyond smoke detectors and the video camera line it acquired. The raft new offerings, which follow the release of a lower price thermostat last month and the Nest Cam IQ Indoor just before that, show a new focus and new commitment to the wider smart home market, for Nest and its parent Alphabet.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?