Blue River Technology Acquired by John Deere For US$305 Million
On September 7th, AI and Agriculture automation startup Blue River Technology announced it had been acquired by the largest farming manufacturer in America, John Deere. The US$305 million purchase is a signal for the ever-growing importance that Agribusiness is placing on AI to produce solutions in the precision farming of the future. Deere & Company CIO John C. May said: "We welcome the opportunity to work with a Blue River Technology team that is….rapidly advancing the implementation of machine learning in agriculture - an important capability for Deere's future."
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics
- Despite Considerable Investment, The Personal Robot Market is Struggling
- Machine Vision and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence
- AI and Machine Learning Bring CE-Grade Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management to Any Industry
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem