Are New Intel Core Processors Enough to Motivate 450 Million PC Installed Base to Upgrade?
How do Intel and the PC OEMs convince a global installed base of 450 million computer owners with 5+ year-old hardware that it is worth investing in a modern system? The latest attempt is Intel’s launch of a limited release of 8th Gen Core processors for Notebook PCs in the company’s U-series Core i5 and i7 chipset family. Several original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners have also introduced commercial designs around the newest Core processors, but is it enough to motivate owners of legacy systems to invest in a new portable computing system?
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Smartphones Move beyond the Hype at MWC 2019
- Fitbit Brings Wearables to the Masses with the Launch of Cheaper Devices
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach