Smart Clothing and Textile Manufacturing
Smart clothes are garments such as shirts, socks, and shoes that contain an embedded computing device for the purpose of monitoring health statistics, such as heart rate, respiration, skin temperature, and oxygen saturation. This type of device is overwhelmingly used in consumer markets for sports, fitness, and wellness, but enterprises are using these devices as well, mainly within complementary applications where other wearable devices are already being used.
This research report examines the smart clothing market along with the drivers and inhibitors for both manufacturers and users of this technology. It includes a brief evolution of wearable devices, a look at the industries being impacted by this technology, smart clothing forecasts, and how smart clothing fits into this technological progression. It closes with a look at the vendors that are operating in this space, what is currently available in the market, and what the future holds for smart clothing.
Table of Contents
- 1. SMART CLOTHING AND THE GROWTH OF CONNECTED TECHNOLOGIES
- 1.1. The Evolution of Wearable Devices and Smart Clothing
- 1.2. Smart Clothing Industries
- 2. SMART CLOTHING MARKET FORECASTS
- 2.1. Smart Clothing Market Data
- 2.2. Smart Clothing Market Drivers and Inhibitors
- 3. SMART CLOTHING VENDORS
- 3.1. Tech Titans
- 3.2. Market Makers
- 3.3. Kickstartups
- 4. SUMMARY