Fiat-Chrysler Joins BMW-Intel-Mobileye Autonomous Platform Alliance
In August 2017, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with BMW, Intel and Mobileye alliance to join their efforts to develop a scalable platform for autonomous driving. FCA becomes the first original equipment manufacturer (OEM), besides founding member BMW, to join a coalition which includes Tier 1 suppliers Continental and Delphi, silicon giant Intel, and the latter’s recently acquired Mobileye, a leader in computer vision.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Simulation is the Key to Industrializing AI in Automotive