Is 5G Millimeter Wave a Health Risk?
The imminent deployment of 5G networks and their use of high-band millimeter wave radio frequencies (RF) cause us to ask if there is a potential health risk from long term exposure to this type of RF energy. Millimeter wave radiation is non-ionizing, unlike gamma radiation, X-ray and ultraviolet waves. The main health concern is its heating effects on the eyes and skin caused by absorption of the millimeter wave energy in the human body, and the effects of long term exposure to low levels of millimeter wave RF.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options