Is 5G Millimeter Wave a Health Risk?
The imminent deployment of 5G networks and their use of high-band millimeter wave radio frequencies (RF) cause us to ask if there is a potential health risk from long term exposure to this type of RF energy. Millimeter wave radiation is non-ionizing, unlike gamma radiation, X-ray and ultraviolet waves. The main health concern is its heating effects on the eyes and skin caused by absorption of the millimeter wave energy in the human body, and the effects of long term exposure to low levels of millimeter wave RF.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?