Is 5G Millimeter Wave a Health Risk?
The imminent deployment of 5G networks and their use of high-band millimeter wave radio frequencies (RF) cause us to ask if there is a potential health risk from long term exposure to this type of RF energy. Millimeter wave radiation is non-ionizing, unlike gamma radiation, X-ray and ultraviolet waves. The main health concern is its heating effects on the eyes and skin caused by absorption of the millimeter wave energy in the human body, and the effects of long term exposure to low levels of millimeter wave RF.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure