NB-IoT Enabled Smart Meter & Smart Parking Solutions Shaping Smart Cities Part 2
In Germany, Deutsche Telekom (DT), Huawei and U-blox launched trials on Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) based smart parking utilizing NB-IoT enabled modules from U-blox at DT’s campus located in Bonn. An ultrasonic sensor was deployed on each parking space to detect availability of a parking space. The information collected by each sensor will be transmitted via a network gateway utilizing an LPWAN connection to a server in the cloud, and notify drivers of available parking space via a smartphone app. Additionally, Huawei conducted a software upgrade on DT’s existing base stations to support NB-IoT.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Retailers Must See GDPR as a Blessing, Not a Curse
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data
- Tata's MOVE is on the Move!
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- The Impact of the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger on the M2M Market