NB-IoT Enabled Smart Meter & Smart Parking Solutions Shaping Smart Cities Part 2
In Germany, Deutsche Telekom (DT), Huawei and U-blox launched trials on Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) based smart parking utilizing NB-IoT enabled modules from U-blox at DT’s campus located in Bonn. An ultrasonic sensor was deployed on each parking space to detect availability of a parking space. The information collected by each sensor will be transmitted via a network gateway utilizing an LPWAN connection to a server in the cloud, and notify drivers of available parking space via a smartphone app. Additionally, Huawei conducted a software upgrade on DT’s existing base stations to support NB-IoT.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The Urban Demand-Response Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies