Wearables & Augmented Reality: Disruptive Technologies in the Utility and Smart Cities Space
A recent ABI Research B2B Survey of 50 U.S.-based utility firms showed that 74% of respondents have a high familiarity of wearables and smart glasses. In fact, the respondents said that these technologies are currently being deployed in their operation, or they are planning to either deploy in the next 12 months, or they are in the early investigation and assessing stage. Vendors of smart glasses include Microsoft HoloLens, Google Glass, Atheer, and DAQRI. A more detailed discussion on the digital transformation of the U.S. Energy market can be found in the ABI Research Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Utilities and Smart Cities in North America.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wearables and Workforce Automation
- Wearables Will Aid the Increasing Automation of the Workplace
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Smart Cities India: 100 City Project
- Smart City Pioneers in Southeast Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam