MyBit enables Crowdfunding IoT Assets via Blockchain
Switzerland-based MyBit was created in 2016 with the aim to use block chain technology, tokens, and smart contracts to allow seamless distributed ownership of IoT machine assets by democratizing capital investment, replacing traditional centralized financing and ownership. MyBit’s approach is based on allowing consumers to invest in each other’s projects through revenue sharing agreements, bypassing traditional lending practices. Consumers buying a stake in a revenue-generating system receive a portion of that revenue in return. MyBit claims this approach allows the unlocking of hundreds of billions of dollars in investment opportunities previously out of reach of small investors.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Do Mobile Service Providers Have a Role to Play in the Decentralized Web?