Wearable Cameras will be Improved with the Addition of AI Technology
After Motorola Solutions invested in artificial intelligence (AI) company Neurala in January 2017, the two companies have announced plans to bring AI to devices such as wearable cameras. Neurala’s AI software, called “working at the edge”, allows existing devices, such as Motorola’s Si500 body-worn camera, to have AI functionality, allowing the devices to search for certain objects or people. The software can adapt an existing device’s hardware to allow them to leverage AI functionalities and continuously learn the more they are used.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Qualcomm's New Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform Paves the Way for Improved Smartwatches
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront