Is Untethering the Key to Unlocking Apple Watch Success?
On August 4, 2017, Bloomberg announced that Apple’s next smart watch model, due for release later this year, would be equipped with LTE connectivity. In effect, this would allow usage to be completely untethered from the handset, enabling standalone functions including the ability to make and receive calls, stream music, download apps and songs, all achieved without an iPhone in sight. This is certainly a bold move by Apple, attempting to break the bond between handset and smart watch, in a clear effort to raise the smart watch bar from handset companion to standalone device.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Data Analytics for Digital Security
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- ForeScout Acquires Industrial Cybersecurity Firm SecurityMatters
- Putting the eSIM Smartphone Impact into Perspective
- Investigating the Role of Big Data in Digital Security Analytics