Smart Cities, IoT, and Cost Savings
For the most part, cities are still run very inefficiently. At the same time, the scope for using IoT tech to optimize operational practices is virtually unlimited. Opportunities abound, from public services like waste management, safety, security, and emergency services to mobility, energy and other utilities, education, and healthcare. And, it’s not just about maximizing the value derived from tax payer’s money from a city government perspective (either by reducing overall costs or maximizing the value offered within a fixed budget), but also to maintain the affordability of living in cities all together by offering innovative mobility, energy, and other services based on new sharing and service paradigms, sometimes even allowing citizens to valorize their own assets such as cars, homes and micro-grids. This also holds for enterprises.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 2-Wheel Electric Urban Mobility on the Rise: Uber and Lyft Setting Eyes on Bikes and Scooters
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Contactless Ticketing Secure IC Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- Smart Cities and Transportation Electrification