Analyzing Comcast Expansion of LoRaWAN In the U.S.
On July 18, 2017, Comcast announced plans to further expand its LoRaWAN based networks and services to 12 major U.S. cities. Comcast’s enterprise IoT network service, MachineQ was initially deployed in three cities, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago in 4Q 2016. The initial 15 cities selected for MachineQ roll-out are among top 25 designated market areas(DMA) Comcast reported to have over 250 thousand customer relationships for its cable services in 2016. The network will primarily target businesses and local municipal organizations roll-out IoT solutions. On July 24, Cable Labs, a not for profit R&D consortium initially founded by American cable operators backed the LoRaWAN technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Lack of IoT Public Policy Putting United States at a Strategic Disadvantage