Analyzing Comcast Expansion of LoRaWAN In the U.S.
On July 18, 2017, Comcast announced plans to further expand its LoRaWAN based networks and services to 12 major U.S. cities. Comcast’s enterprise IoT network service, MachineQ was initially deployed in three cities, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago in 4Q 2016. The initial 15 cities selected for MachineQ roll-out are among top 25 designated market areas(DMA) Comcast reported to have over 250 thousand customer relationships for its cable services in 2016. The network will primarily target businesses and local municipal organizations roll-out IoT solutions. On July 24, Cable Labs, a not for profit R&D consortium initially founded by American cable operators backed the LoRaWAN technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SI/VAR and Partner Program IoT Ecosystem Market Data
- Trade Wars, Security, and the Hikvision/Dahua Video Surveillance Ban
- India Smart Meter Market Update
- Addressing Consumer Confidence in IoT and What This Means for Consumer Product OEMs
- Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do