Analyzing Comcast Expansion of LoRaWAN In the U.S.
On July 18, 2017, Comcast announced plans to further expand its LoRaWAN based networks and services to 12 major U.S. cities. Comcast’s enterprise IoT network service, MachineQ was initially deployed in three cities, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago in 4Q 2016. The initial 15 cities selected for MachineQ roll-out are among top 25 designated market areas(DMA) Comcast reported to have over 250 thousand customer relationships for its cable services in 2016. The network will primarily target businesses and local municipal organizations roll-out IoT solutions. On July 24, Cable Labs, a not for profit R&D consortium initially founded by American cable operators backed the LoRaWAN technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data
- Tata's MOVE is on the Move!
- The Impact of the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger on the M2M Market
- Analyzing the Market Adoption of LED Streetlights versus Smart Streetlights
- Expectations and Considerations for the Identity of Things