Soft Robotics Research Continues, But Commercialization Lags
Currently, the commercial market for soft robotics solutions is far less well-developed than for robots made of rigid metal or plastic. However, the advantages soft robotics systems – adaptability, maneuverability, manipulability, and cost effectiveness - have led to a minor deluge in experimental soft robotics systems. As the development process for soft robotics matures, the clear potential will be offset by the considerable limitations of current materials, science expertise, and the difficulty transitioning from research to full commercialization.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial and Collaborative Robots for E-Commerce
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem
- The 3D Vertical Environment: Where Drones Really Become Valuable
- AI-Enabled Robotic Automation for New Workforce Efficiencies
- Robotics and AI Evolution in the Chinese E-Commerce Fulfillment Market