Soft Robotics Research Continues, But Commercialization Lags
Currently, the commercial market for soft robotics solutions is far less well-developed than for robots made of rigid metal or plastic. However, the advantages soft robotics systems – adaptability, maneuverability, manipulability, and cost effectiveness - have led to a minor deluge in experimental soft robotics systems. As the development process for soft robotics matures, the clear potential will be offset by the considerable limitations of current materials, science expertise, and the difficulty transitioning from research to full commercialization.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics
- Despite Considerable Investment, The Personal Robot Market is Struggling
- Machine Vision and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence
- AI and Machine Learning Bring CE-Grade Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management to Any Industry
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem