Soft Robotics Research Continues, But Commercialization Lags
Currently, the commercial market for soft robotics solutions is far less well-developed than for robots made of rigid metal or plastic. However, the advantages soft robotics systems – adaptability, maneuverability, manipulability, and cost effectiveness - have led to a minor deluge in experimental soft robotics systems. As the development process for soft robotics matures, the clear potential will be offset by the considerable limitations of current materials, science expertise, and the difficulty transitioning from research to full commercialization.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Disruption from the East: China and South Korea Going from Laggards to Leaders in Robotics Market
- Key Takeaways from 2018 for the Drone Industry
- Robotics for Construction & Extraction
- Key Trends in Industrial Robotics Underlie Diversification, Increased Sophistication, and National Competition
- The Year 2019 Should Be One of General Manipulation in Robotics