Facebook Prints Money
Facebook’s earnings potential is remarkable. As an industry analyst firm, ABI Research tends to focus on the technology and the markets but it is hard to ignore the net result of Facebook’s use of technology and market opportunity. At the end of 2Q-2017, Facebook generated US$9.32 billion in revenue. Up 45% year on year for the quarter. There is an incremental “reduction” in the growth rate of its revenue (59% versus 45% for the previous comparable period) but it does not look like Facebook’s money making machine will hit a ceiling anytime soon. To put this in context, Facebook’s revenue in 2008 was just US$272 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi