Facebook Prints Money
Facebook’s earnings potential is remarkable. As an industry analyst firm, ABI Research tends to focus on the technology and the markets but it is hard to ignore the net result of Facebook’s use of technology and market opportunity. At the end of 2Q-2017, Facebook generated US$9.32 billion in revenue. Up 45% year on year for the quarter. There is an incremental “reduction” in the growth rate of its revenue (59% versus 45% for the previous comparable period) but it does not look like Facebook’s money making machine will hit a ceiling anytime soon. To put this in context, Facebook’s revenue in 2008 was just US$272 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi