Facebook Prints Money
Facebook’s earnings potential is remarkable. As an industry analyst firm, ABI Research tends to focus on the technology and the markets but it is hard to ignore the net result of Facebook’s use of technology and market opportunity. At the end of 2Q-2017, Facebook generated US$9.32 billion in revenue. Up 45% year on year for the quarter. There is an incremental “reduction” in the growth rate of its revenue (59% versus 45% for the previous comparable period) but it does not look like Facebook’s money making machine will hit a ceiling anytime soon. To put this in context, Facebook’s revenue in 2008 was just US$272 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking