The Increasing Importance of System Integrators in the IoT Value Chain
Ahead of the 2015 Industry of Things World conference in 2015, ABI Research issued an online survey targeting IoT suppliers and end-users to gauge their progress in IoT projects and to get a better sense of how they viewed the market. When asked about what the prominent challenges were in implementing IoT solutions, both suppliers and end-users pointed to the usual suspects of security concerns and uncertain ROI. Both groups also expressed concerns over challenges with integrating legacy systems. Additionally, 40% of users cited that one of their main inhibitors in deploying IoT solutions was a combination of a lack of suppliers in the marketplace with end-to-end technology expertise and a lack of suppliers with end-to-end knowledge of vendors and partners offering hardware and other services in the IoT value chain. Companies like ThingWorx, Microsoft, and Intel continued to refine their partner program ecosystems to address these market conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Asset Tracking: Market Opportunities in the Era of LPWA
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Will T-Mobile's NB-IoT Undercut Verizon and AT&T’s LTE-M Offerings?
- Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules