The Increasing Importance of System Integrators in the IoT Value Chain
Ahead of the 2015 Industry of Things World conference in 2015, ABI Research issued an online survey targeting IoT suppliers and end-users to gauge their progress in IoT projects and to get a better sense of how they viewed the market. When asked about what the prominent challenges were in implementing IoT solutions, both suppliers and end-users pointed to the usual suspects of security concerns and uncertain ROI. Both groups also expressed concerns over challenges with integrating legacy systems. Additionally, 40% of users cited that one of their main inhibitors in deploying IoT solutions was a combination of a lack of suppliers in the marketplace with end-to-end technology expertise and a lack of suppliers with end-to-end knowledge of vendors and partners offering hardware and other services in the IoT value chain. Companies like ThingWorx, Microsoft, and Intel continued to refine their partner program ecosystems to address these market conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Hardware Development Kits and Software Platforms
- Telco’s M2M Services Need Defense Options Against Hacked IoT Devices
- Partnerships and Acquisitions in the Maturing IoT Ecosystem
- USC and City of Los Angeles Form IoT Consortium to Drive Smart City Innovation
- Data Centers will be the Bulk of Nvidia’s Business in Five Years’ Time