VR Ecosystem development & VIVE Success
Simply, VR developers must choose which ecosystem(s) to work for. Independent game developers may create an exclusive offer for a single platform which helps them boost distribution among their core audience, while helping spread the risk and fund the project early on. Other developers may look at a phased approach, where they develop the core elements of an experience on a lead platform, and then begin porting to other platforms. We recently have had the opportunity to speak many VR developers of games as well as enterprise experiences – notably in China at Global VR World and MWC Asia (see related insight, China’s VR Winter will give way to spring), about what they are looking for from a platform.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content