VR Ecosystem development & VIVE Success
Simply, VR developers must choose which ecosystem(s) to work for. Independent game developers may create an exclusive offer for a single platform which helps them boost distribution among their core audience, while helping spread the risk and fund the project early on. Other developers may look at a phased approach, where they develop the core elements of an experience on a lead platform, and then begin porting to other platforms. We recently have had the opportunity to speak many VR developers of games as well as enterprise experiences – notably in China at Global VR World and MWC Asia (see related insight, China’s VR Winter will give way to spring), about what they are looking for from a platform.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker