Razer Files IPO possibly to expand mobile and AR/VR gaming
Razer Inc., a gaming tech company filed for an initial public offering (IPO) in Hong Kong in early July 2017. Razer was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in San Francisco, United States. It makes premium connected devices and software solutions for gaming systems and peripherals including laptops, high-precision mice, and customizable keyboards. Razer’s products are sold in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. According to Razer’s co-founder Tan Min Liang, the company generated a total of U$1 billion product revenue in the past three years. The main investors of Razer Inc. include Singapore State Investor Temasek Holdings Pte., IDG-Accel China Capital, and Binary Capital. Razer Inc. was valued at $1.5 billion as of October 2014. Razer is looking toward $3 billion to $5 billion valuation range although the size of IPO is yet to be decided.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact