CenturyLink Joins Service Provider OTT Market
Traditional pay TV service operators have been adding over-the-top (OTT) services to improve churn and reach a wider customer base. In the U.S., DISH Network provides Sling TV, and DIRECTV has added the DIRECTV NOW OTT service. In the UK, Sky provides Now TV. Recently, U.S. Internet protocol television (IPTV) operator CenturyLink joined the service provider OTT trend with the launch of CenturyLink Stream at the end of June 2017. The service’s basic package costs US$45 per month with 50 hours of cloud digital video recording (DVR) storage and a broad choice of add-on programming. It supports Android and iOS devices, web browsers, Roku streaming devices, and Roku TV. CenturyLink is now offering a seven-day free trial of the service. Just like any other streaming service, there is no contract term for CenturyLink Stream.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video