Wearable Devices Set to Improve Soldiers' Situational Awareness
The U.S. Army Research’s Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) has been developing a helmet-mounted display called the Tactical Augmented Reality (TAR), which has recently undergone user testing. It provides soldiers with visual information such as an integrated map, navigation, and 3D surface models, to help improve their situation awareness and enhance operations. TAR will be able to replace a number of pieces of equipment, such as a GPS device and night-vision goggles (NVG), to reduce the amount of technology that a soldier has to carry.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Footwear Technologies and Applications
- Wearable Data Analytics and Business Models
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular Teardown Summary Report
- Virtual Reality in Enterprise Training
- IT/OT Convergence in Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise