Rumor: Corning to Acquire SpiderCloud?
Corning is rumored to acquire SpiderCloud as Cisco ends its small cell efforts and leaves SpiderCloud vulnerable. Corning now joins rival CommScope in acquiring small cell and baseband IP in preparation for tackling the vast underpenetrated 100,000 to 500,000 sq. ft. in-building wireless market. Verizon pulls the strings and signposts a migration to 5G, which DAS vendors must follow.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?