Rumor: Corning to Acquire SpiderCloud?
Corning is rumored to acquire SpiderCloud as Cisco ends its small cell efforts and leaves SpiderCloud vulnerable. Corning now joins rival CommScope in acquiring small cell and baseband IP in preparation for tackling the vast underpenetrated 100,000 to 500,000 sq. ft. in-building wireless market. Verizon pulls the strings and signposts a migration to 5G, which DAS vendors must follow.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN