Rumor: Corning to Acquire SpiderCloud?
Corning is rumored to acquire SpiderCloud as Cisco ends its small cell efforts and leaves SpiderCloud vulnerable. Corning now joins rival CommScope in acquiring small cell and baseband IP in preparation for tackling the vast underpenetrated 100,000 to 500,000 sq. ft. in-building wireless market. Verizon pulls the strings and signposts a migration to 5G, which DAS vendors must follow.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase