Amazon Show Pushes Alexa into Aging in Place
Announced in May, the end of June saw the first shipments of Amazon’s Echo Show device, which extends the Alexa voice control platform to a screen-equipped device. While the unit extends the functionality available to Echo customers with the delivery of in-built video and voice communication capabilities, it can also push Amazon’s smart home efforts into adjacent markets, most notably the aging in place market that has long failed to ignite widespread consumer support.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Artificial Intelligence in Smart Healthcare
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Strategic Guidance for Smart Healthcare: AI Applications