Amazon Show Pushes Alexa into Aging in Place
Announced in May, the end of June saw the first shipments of Amazon’s Echo Show device, which extends the Alexa voice control platform to a screen-equipped device. While the unit extends the functionality available to Echo customers with the delivery of in-built video and voice communication capabilities, it can also push Amazon’s smart home efforts into adjacent markets, most notably the aging in place market that has long failed to ignite widespread consumer support.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Plug Update Leads the Way for Wide Apple Smart Home Support
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Driving Growth in the European Smart Home
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities