NB-IoT-Enabled Bike-as-a-Service in Smart City Space
During the Huawei Analyst Event held in May 2017 in Singapore, Huawei announced their strategic partnership with China Telecom and Ofo to develop a smart bike-as-a-service in China. Huawei will provide the NB-IoT chipset to Ofo bike. Additionally, Huawei announced they will ship 1 million units of 3GPP-based NB-IoT Boudica 120 chipsets starting in June of this year. Meanwhile, The Boudica 150 chipset, with DL of up to 80 Kbps and UL of 106 Kbps, will be commercially available in Q4 2017. Additionally, Ofo is conducting trials in the U.S. (San Diego) and the U.K (Cambridge). Other vendors of the NB-IoT chipset/ module include Qualcomm, Sequans Communications, U-blox, and Quectel, among others.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Utilities and Smart Grids
- Smart Urban Spaces and Future Smart City Concepts
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- Autonomous Public Transit: Hitting the Streets