5G Will Truly Revolutionize Industry 4.0
Bosch and network equipment companies such as Nokia developed 5G-based communications for collaborative robotics that empowers both workers to control the robots, as well as robot-to-robot communications. 5G networks will have latencies as low as 1 ms and multi Gbps speeds in friendly environments, while reaching 100+ Mbps speeds even in harsh factory environments. This means that workers with wireless controllers will have the ability to stop and re-direct robots instantly. Beyond that, wireless industry cameras and machine vision running over 5G give robots the gift of “sight” to “see” when something has gone wrong and “talk” to each other to adapt and fix problems.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Manufacturing Quarterly Update
- Webinar: How will Sensors Make Factories Smart?
- CIO Strategic Guidance: Hyperconvergence at the Edge
- Industrial and Commercial Robotics Market
- Smart Manufacturing Sensors: Strategic Guidance for Anticipating the Demands of the IIoT