5G Will Truly Revolutionize Industry 4.0
Bosch and network equipment companies such as Nokia developed 5G-based communications for collaborative robotics that empowers both workers to control the robots, as well as robot-to-robot communications. 5G networks will have latencies as low as 1 ms and multi Gbps speeds in friendly environments, while reaching 100+ Mbps speeds even in harsh factory environments. This means that workers with wireless controllers will have the ability to stop and re-direct robots instantly. Beyond that, wireless industry cameras and machine vision running over 5G give robots the gift of “sight” to “see” when something has gone wrong and “talk” to each other to adapt and fix problems.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics
- Digital Factory Market Forecasts
- A US$1 Billion Industrial IoT Partnership: Who Wins?
- AI and Machine Learning Bring CE-Grade Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management to Any Industry
- Platforms Differentiate with Three Types of Strategies