$1.7 Billion Flexible Display and Sensor Manufacturing Facility Nears Completion
At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Royole Corporation announced the expected completion of a US$1.7 billion facility dedicated to the mass production of flexible displays and sensors. While the privately held company has only been around since 2012, the 2014 debut of a 0.01mm-thick, full-color active matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) flexible display, which it claims is the thinnest of its kind, and a clear push to etch its place among a select group of players with a shot at seriously shaking up the supplier landscape, put it ahead of more mainstream market developments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Service Provider OTT Services and Set-Top Boxes Update
- For the Future of Augmented Reality, Look to the Developer Ecosystem
- Webinar: How will Sensors Make Factories Smart?
- Augmented Reality in Automotive: Design, Prototyping, Marketing
- CIO Strategic Guidance: Hyperconvergence at the Edge