SK Telecom Waves the Flag for Its 5G Trial
The South Korean government has a lot at stake for the Winter Olympics 2018. Not only is it hoping to host a vibrant and successful Olympic experience, but it also wants to show the world a fully operational 5G network. The Olympics are only 18 months away. During Mobile World Congress (MWC) Shanghai, SK Telecom, with support from Nokia and Samsung, declared it had tested an end-to-end infrastructure trial of a 5G network. There are a number of distinctive features that could pinpoint the underlying technologies and network strategies advanced mobile telcos will deploy for 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?