SK Telecom Waves the Flag for Its 5G Trial
The South Korean government has a lot at stake for the Winter Olympics 2018. Not only is it hoping to host a vibrant and successful Olympic experience, but it also wants to show the world a fully operational 5G network. The Olympics are only 18 months away. During Mobile World Congress (MWC) Shanghai, SK Telecom, with support from Nokia and Samsung, declared it had tested an end-to-end infrastructure trial of a 5G network. There are a number of distinctive features that could pinpoint the underlying technologies and network strategies advanced mobile telcos will deploy for 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options