The Uberization of Public Transit
Multi-modal, mass/group transit, and single-payment transportation apps are increasing in use from companies such as Token Transit used in Reno, Nevada; MaaS Global in Helsinki; Via Transportation in Austin; TransLoc in Nashville; Cubic Transportation Systems in Miami; and Conduit for Denver and L.A. Additional communities, including Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and San Francisco, as well as London, are trying out a variety of apps for bus passes, NFC for boarding and access to both public (train, bus, bike, etc.), and private transport options.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial Telematics Market Data
- Autonomous Public Transit: Hitting the Streets
- BYD Profit Picture Changes, but Diversification Succeeds Beyond China and Auto
- Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logistics
- Fully Autonomous Commercial Vehicles – Smart Solution or Danger Ahead?