Should Cloud Giants Buy Retail Chains (and Telcos) to Get Control of the Network Edge?
The telco market in China is ripe for disruption. ABI Research looks at Amazon’s Whole Foods acquisition and takes a view on the possibility of Alibaba acquiring a telco in China. As Alibaba continues to expand its platform-first business strategy, a potential telco acquisition will provide the Chinese giant with a sufficient competitive edge in the cloud computing market. However, the bad news is, there are just too many hurdles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Vendors Are Now Using Private LTE as a Trojan Horse to Enter Industry Verticals
- Mobile Service Providers Can Use Payment and Finance as Building Blocks for the Digital World
- Retailers Need a Fresh Perspective on Crowd-Sourced Delivery
- AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?
- 5G Network Slicing and Industry Verticals