Should Cloud Giants Buy Retail Chains (and Telcos) to Get Control of the Network Edge?
The telco market in China is ripe for disruption. ABI Research looks at Amazon’s Whole Foods acquisition and takes a view on the possibility of Alibaba acquiring a telco in China. As Alibaba continues to expand its platform-first business strategy, a potential telco acquisition will provide the Chinese giant with a sufficient competitive edge in the cloud computing market. However, the bad news is, there are just too many hurdles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- India Pushes Ahead with EMV Migration, but Slowdown Evident
- Retail Sector Embracing Technology-led Transformation
- Software Licensing in NFV – Changing Business Models and GTM Best Practice
- Payment & Banking Card Secure IC Technologies
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies