Should Cloud Giants Buy Retail Chains (and Telcos) to Get Control of the Network Edge?
The telco market in China is ripe for disruption. ABI Research looks at Amazon’s Whole Foods acquisition and takes a view on the possibility of Alibaba acquiring a telco in China. As Alibaba continues to expand its platform-first business strategy, a potential telco acquisition will provide the Chinese giant with a sufficient competitive edge in the cloud computing market. However, the bad news is, there are just too many hurdles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Retailers Must See GDPR as a Blessing, Not a Curse
- Augmented Reality in Retail
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?
- UnTelco in Utilities: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Turkcell Shows Mobile Service Providers Are Not Afraid of Innovating