Should Cloud Giants Buy Retail Chains (and Telcos) to Get Control of the Network Edge?
The telco market in China is ripe for disruption. ABI Research looks at Amazon’s Whole Foods acquisition and takes a view on the possibility of Alibaba acquiring a telco in China. As Alibaba continues to expand its platform-first business strategy, a potential telco acquisition will provide the Chinese giant with a sufficient competitive edge in the cloud computing market. However, the bad news is, there are just too many hurdles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- On-Demand Warehousing to Become a Key Component in the Agile Supply Chain
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Telcos' Strategies for Digital Transformation