Blockchain-Based ID System for Refugees
Microsoft, Accenture, and Avanade partnered to build a digital identity network using blockchain technology. The project is part of a broader UN-supported campaign to provide legal identification to more than 1 billion people worldwide who are without official paper documentation. Often, these are refugees and other displaced people. The project is still in the prototype phase and was presented at the UN summit ID2020, which promotes the UN’s sustainable development goals of 2030. The aim is to enable such individuals to get access to basic services, including healthcare and education, once they arrive at refugee camps, or new countries.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Biometric Technologies and Applications
- Biometric Technologies Quarterly Update
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- The Path to Mobile Ticketing
- Polycarbonate: Gemalto and IDEMIA Pioneer Laser Color Security Solutions