Singapore Waives Spectrum Fee for 5G Trials to Spark Innovations
Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) announced a fee waiver for all 5G trials in Singapore in May (2017). This is the latest attempt by the city-state to inject momentum into innovations around 5G. ABI Research believes the sense of urgency demonstrated by the Singapore government will allow Singapore to keep up with top markets in Asia-Pacific in light of recent major 5G capital expenditure announcements by Chinese, Japanese, and South Korean operators.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?